Southern California Road Trip Itineraries: Map, Routes and Ideas
Those who want to plan a Southern California road trip will have the opportunity to explore the 2 great deserts, Mojave Desert and Colorado Desert, where you will also find the main parks in the area, namely, Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley and Mojave National Preserve.
On the southern coast, you can visit 2 of California’s most important cities, Los Angeles and San Diego, and explore the fascinating points of interest in the surroundings. But there is much more to discover. Here are our itineraries that you can use to organize your road trip in Southern California.
- California Desert Road Trip Itineraries
- Visit Palm Springs, a Charming Oasis in the California Desert
- Calico Ghost Town: A Place for Those Who Love the Old West!
- Vasquez Rocks: Discover the Rocky Desert Where Star Trek was Filmed!
- Trona Pinnacles: A Science Fiction Landscape in the California Desert
- Star Wars in California: Visit the Locations where the Star Wars Saga Was Filmed
- Salvation Mountain: The Mountain from Into the Wild in the California Desert
- Pioneertown, California: An Old West Town near Joshua Tree National Park
- California Deserts region: Discovering the Mojave and Colorado Deserts
- Los Angeles to Death Valley: Recommended Itinerary and Possible Stops along the Way
- Indian Canyons: Head on an Adventure among the Palm Trees in the Desert Around Palm Springs
- The Incredibile History of Zzyzx, California
- Galleta Meadows: How to Visit the Metal Sculptures in the California Desert
- Things to Do in Salton Sea, the Largest Lake in California
- Discover the Main Filming Locations of Top Gun and Maverick!
- Death Valley National Park: Travel Guide and Road Trip Tips
- Joshua Tree National Park: Tips for Planning Your Visit
- Mojave National Preserve: Kelso Dunes, Joshua Trees and other must-see attraction
- Mojave Desert: Places to Visit in the Vast American Desert
- Anza-Borrego Desert State Park, California: Visitor’s Guide
- Southern California Coast Road Trip Itineraries
- Southern California Road Trip Map
California Desert Road Trip Itineraries
Death Valley National Park: Travel Guide and Road Trip Tips Death Valley National Park is one of the most unforgettable places you will visit on a road trip. As you traverse the incredible landscapes of the park, you will have the impression of having landed on another planet. Here is everything you need on how to plan a visit, such …Read more