Those who want to plan a Southern California road trip will have the opportunity to explore the 2 great deserts, Mojave Desert and Colorado Desert, where you will also find the main parks in the area, namely, Joshua Tree National Park, Death Valley and Mojave National Preserve.
On the southern coast, you can visit 2 of California’s most important cities, Los Angeles and San Diego, and explore the fascinating points of interest in the surroundings. But there is much more to discover. Here are our itineraries that you can use to organize your road trip in Southern California.
- California Desert Road Trip Itineraries
- California Deserts region: Discovering the Mojave and Colorado Deserts
- Salvation Mountain: The Mountain from Into the Wild in the California Desert
- Star Wars in California: Visit the Locations where the Star Wars Saga Was Filmed
- Trona Pinnacles: A Science Fiction Landscape in the California Desert
- Vasquez Rocks: Discover the Rocky Desert Where Star Trek was Filmed!
- Visit Palm Springs, a Charming Oasis in the California Desert
- Mojave Desert: Places to Visit in the Vast American Desert
- Mojave National Preserve: Kelso Dunes, Joshua Trees and other must-see attraction
- Joshua Tree National Park: Tips for Planning Your Visit
- Death Valley National Park: Travel Guide and Road Trip Tips
- Southern California Coast Road Trip Itineraries
- Southern California Road Trip Map